Spira will be joined by Matchmakers Julie Ferman from Cupid’s Coach and Renee Piane, from Rapid Dating along with several hundred singles in the Los Angeles area.
“I was thrilled when Renee Piane invited me to participate in her Love Panel,” said Spira. Spira added, “There’s a lot of pressure on Singles once October rolls around. The holidays are around the corner. It’s time to find love.”
Spira will be providing her dating advice for singles looking for love both online and offline at the Saturday night mixer.
For tickets, RSVP at Rapid Dating $25 in advance $35 at the door
Who: Bestselling author and dating expert Julie Spira
What: Fall Matchmaker Magic Cocktail Party and Mixer
Where: Aqua Lounge, 424 N. Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA
When: Saturday, October 2, 2010. 7pm – 1am (Love Panel at 7:30- 8:15pm)
Why: It’s time to mingle and meet
If your online dream date ever turned out to be a liar, whether 10 years older, 20 pounds heavier…taller, shorter, greyer, balder – totally different than they were on their profile, than this show is for you. Liar Liar List is a fun site where you can turn in your dates and share the information.
But it’s not all bad news on their site. You’ll hear about the fun ways that you can meet other singles with similar interests through “Puppy Love” and “Audio Horoscopes.” Don’t worry, you’ll have the opportunity to adjust your profile for more authenticity on their site as well as we provide dating advice to help you shine online.
Listen in at 646-929-0012 on Saturday, October 2, 2010 at 2pm/ET, 12 noon/CT, 11am/PT to learn more about dating, love and romance in a Web 2.0 World.
Listen to Cyberdating Expert
Great news for online dating enthusiasts!
In honor of SpeedDate’s upcoming appearance on Ask the Cyber-Dating Expert Radio Show, they are offering one lucky winner the chance to win a 6-month PREMIUM membership to their site.
To be eligible to win, enter by visiting our Facebook page at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert. “Like” us from now through October 15, 2010. The winner will be announced live on October 16th during Ask the Cyber-Dating Expert Radio Show at 11:30am/PT featuring SpeedDate’s founder, Dan Abelon.
While you’re on our Facebook page, feel free to submit your online dating stories and enjoy reading our dating advice.
If you missed Paige Parker on Ask the Cyber-Dating Expert Radio Show, she talked about her amazing book, Dating Without Drama.
I’m so very pleased to add Paige’s relationship book to the Cyber-Dating Expert Reading Room this month as our featured book.
Paige has revised Dating Without Drama to include a section called “Facebook Without Drama,” with terrific insight on whether to “friend” your new beau on Facebook, as well as the dos and don’ts of text messaging your date.
I truly believe in Paige’s wisdom about how to regain your confidence, become a man magnet, and to attract your dream guy, all in a drama free world with or without cyberdating.
Click here to order your copy of Dating Without Drama!
We’ve got a sizzling hot heatwave in Los Angeles. Triple digits sent everyone to the beach, Abbot Kinney Festival and in swimming pools city wide. In honor of the late arrival of summer, we’re featuring Martha Reeves and the Vandellas song, “Heatwave” in the Cyber Love Song of the Week. Enjoy!
It was an honor and privilege to host Date and Skate Night with Down and Derby during Social Media Week, Los Angeles.
Guests, roller skaters and social media enthusiasts celebrated the 5-day event at the coolest roller skating party, since roller skating was cool! Singles downloaded the latest Mobile Dating Apps and rolled their way into love, while receiving advice about their online dating profiles.
Thank you Flip Me Dating for providing a deck of Flip Me cards to all attendees and to Down and Derby for helping me create a memorable event.
Spira will present and sign copies of her book, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online from 10:00am – 12:00pm at Booth E63 and E64.
In addition, she will be providing online dating profile critiques and dating advice for singles on the dating scene.
Who: Author, Julie Spira
Where: West Hollywood Book Fair, 647 N. San Vicente Blvd. West Hollywood, CA
When: Sunday, September 26, 2010
Time: 10AM to 12PM (Booth E 63 and 64)
ABOUT THE PERILS OF CYBER-DATING
“The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online” is a romantic tell-all memoir spanning over 250 online dates in almost 15 years. The book is filled with heartfelt, witty, and hilarious stories. Julie Spira, a pioneer in the Internet industry, became the first on her block to post an online dating profile. You’ll follow her journey as she skillfully navigates the web, hoping to replace what she once thought was the love of her life with a new Internet mate. Combining her fairytale romances and disappointing heartbreaks with her personal “rules of netiquette,” Spira provides priceless knowledge about the most effective ways to date online.
Listen to Matchmaker, media personality and Cupid’s Coach founder Julie Ferman as she spoke with Julie Spira on Ask the Cyberdating Expert Radio Show.
The Cupid’s Coach talked about her romance marketing plan, why having a transition relationship isn’t always a bad idea, and how to have the conversation about sex before you start sipping that second drink.
Julie talked about her appearance on NBCs The Match Off as well as her upcoming appearance on the Dr. Phil Show.
You’ll hear dating advice and relationship tips for singles looking for love both online and offline in time for the big holiday season.
Just in time for Social Media Week we are proud to present our Top Ten favorite mobile dating applications at CyberDatingExpert.com
The year 2010 will go down in history for mobile dating becoming mainstream with many of the traditional online dating sites launching their apps. A Juniper research study estimates that mobile dating will be a 1.4 billion dollar industry by 2014. According to a Ground Truth report, the number of visitors to mobile dating sites increased this past summer by 92 percent from the first week in June to the last week in July. Here’s our list of some of the best mobile dating apps worth downloading.
1. Meet Moi - Meet Moi is a location-based mobile dating company which was formed in 2007. In August of 2010, they launched Meet Moi Now, their Android mobile app and became the first matchmaking service to integrate with Facebook. You can sign up for their basic service for free to create your profile, browse profiles, send winks, respond to received messages, and receive unlimited SMS alerts. They update your location in real-time. When a match is nearby, you get an alert on your phone.
2. Match Mobile - Match.com, who celebrated their 15th anniversary this year, launched Match Mobile in 2007. They added their iPhone app in 2009, and their mobile dating service is now also available on the Android, Blackberry and Palm platforms. Users can download Match.com apps to access the Match.com service. Match claims that close to 10% of their users access their site solely from a mobile device. Their mobile users are twice as engaged versus those who use Match on their desktop computers. Members can browse singles, send winks, and upload photos directly from their mobile phone to their profile. A subscription is required to send and receive emails.
3. Speed Date - SpeedDate.com launched their mobile app this year and has over 1.5 million unique iPhone installs. Over half of them join their service after their installation. Singles can finger-swipe through millions of profiles, choose who they would like to meet and then start conversations via email. Advanced filters allow users to narrow searches based on various criteria such as age and location. In addition, a unique tagging feature ensures all favorite member profiles are stored and easily accessible.
4. Zoosk - Zoosk’s iPhone dating application is the largest dating app in the U.S. It’s also popular in other countries such as Australia, France, Italy and Spain. Users are awarded coins when they download the iPhone app. Their service allows you to chat and flirt wherever you go and you’ll receive a mobile alert when someone flirts with you. Zoosk won the award for the best Mobile Dating Site at the Internet Dating Conference this year and has consistently been a #1 dating app in the iPhone Store with over 1 million downloads. All of the functionalities from their website are available on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Their GPS location tagging capabilities are a feature you’ll want to try out. They will be launching an Android app in the near future.
5. SKOUT - I’ve been following Skout since they laaunched the first-ever dating app for the iPhone in 2008. In July, 2010, they hit one million users. They have one of the most popular iPhone apps and operate like a flirting and hook-up GPS. Their iPhone app identifies singles in your immediate vicinity and gives you the opportunity to flirt and meet up with them. Though the app is free to use, members have the option of purchasing virtual gifts, premium memberships, or sending “wink bombs” which reach up to 500 potential sweethearts in your area at once.
6. eHarmony – Just in time for their 10th anniversary celebration, eHarmony recently launched their iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch service this summer. The app was listed in the Top Ten Free Apps in the App Store and they’ve had over 100,000 downloads. Members can view matches, receive match updates, upload photos from their iPhone, and communicate with their matches.
7. Are You Interested – AreYouInterested.com from Snap Interactive is an online dating site, mobile dating application, and Facebook app for single men and women with over 13 million members. Their service integrates their iPhone and Facebook applications together so you can browse photos of singles in your area and click on who you like. Their buzz feed shows you what people are up to in real time.
8. Grindr – Just this week, Grindr, the world’s largest all-male mobile location-based networking service, announced that it has reached more than one million subscribers. On a daily basis, Grindr has about 250,000 active users who log on approximately eight times per day. The average Grindr user spends an average of 1.3 hours each day using the app. These numbers are huge. On a weekly basis, they have about 400,000 users. This amounts to about 600,000 users per month. Grindr is available on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. They have plans to expand their service on the Blackberry in the near future.
9. Flirtomatic – Mobile social network Flirtomatic is known as the world’s number one flirting company. Based in the UK, they have over 3 million global members. The good news for U.S. mobile daters, is their membership in the states recently surpassed 1 million users. You can set up your profile in about 20 seconds. Their service allows members to search, chat, send rapid messages, rate members and find user generated content about flirting and dating. Flirtomatic has its own virtual currency called “Flirt Points” that members can use to buy premium services, such as virtual goods. Their service is available on the iPhone and Android platforms.
10. Four Square – I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention location based social networking site Four Square. They aren’t a dating app, but we love them anyway and it’s surely fun to check in. You’ll need to be friends with other members on the service to see who’s around when you check in. If you’ve had a crush for a while on someone and you see they’re at the local coffee shop or at the same venue, you can use this as a chance to say hello and get to them better in real life. Available on the iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and Palm.
JDate Mobile - Launched this year, JDate Mobile allows their members to receive real-time mobile alerts notifying them when they receive new messages, when another member views their profile, adds them to their hot list and more for free. JDate Mobile features are 100% available for free to their subscribers. Available on the iPhone and Android. Non-paying members of JDate can download the app for free, but have limited access to JDate Mobile.
Christian Cafe - With over 400 new sign ups daily, Christian Cafe is now available for iPhone users. Their iPhone mobile dating app is fully integrated with their website and singles can sign up for a free trial, create a basic dating profile, search, see who is online in your area and communicate via email and winks. They are presently in development with their Android app.
Do you have a favorite mobile dating app that you’d like to share with us? We’d like to hear from you.
For a printable version, please click here>>>
On Saturday, September 25, 2010 join Julie Spira as she welcomes Julie Ferman, Founder and President of Cupid’s Coach to Ask the Cyber Dating Expert Radio Show.
Julie Ferman, named Matchmaker of the Year at the Internet Dating Conference, will share her dating tips and advice for singles looking for love online. She also recently appeared on NBC’s new dating show, “The Match Off.”
Call in at 646-929-0012 at 2pm/ET, 12 noon/CT, 10am/PT with your questions and to learn more about dating, love and romance in a Web 2.0 World.
Listen to Cyberdating Expert