5 Ways to Look and Feel Red Hot on Valentine’s Day
Wondering if you should wear red or pink this Valentine’s Day? I’m a firm believer that red the perfect color to wear year-round for your online dating profile, as well as on a first date. But don’t take my word for it. I reached out to Image Consultant Kimberly Seltzer, who agreed, it’s best to be the Lady in Red this Valentine’s Day. Kimberly compares Valentine’s outfits to Halloween for a little bit of fun.
“Both holidays give you a chance to dress up and perhaps wear something a little risqué that you perhaps wouldn’t normally wear,” says Kimberly. “No matter if you are celebrating with your man, going out with your girlfriends to attract a new one or just pampering yourself on Valentine’s Day, put on something that makes you feel special, alive and sexy.” Seltzer encourages singles and women in a relationship to put on their little black dress, throw on a pair of high heels and pile on the vanilla-flavored lip-gloss.
Here are Kimberly’s 5 easy red-hot tips that will surely shoot an arrow right into any man’s heart.
1. Feel Sexy—What men find sexy in a woman is when she herself feels sexy. Men notice your sexual confidence in the way you dress, walk, move your body and smile. Wear something that makes you feel sexy and sensual. So put on a dress that you feel confident and a little daring in. This doesn’t mean you have to show your mid-drift or fall out of your dress. Guys would much rather undress you with their eyes and leave things to the imagination than display it all right there. Part of being sexy is leaving them with a sense of intrigue and curiosity. If you give it all away to them, they may not have the desire to want more. For example, wear a fitted red dress that shows your curves and just teases the man with a low cut-out back. Or perhaps you want to go more casual and sport a leather jacket with a lacy cami peeking through.
Use fabrics that are great against your skin and touchable. Cashmere, silky satin, and buttery soft suedes are the real scene-stealers. Touchable fabrics not only invite another’s touch, they have the added bonus of feeling great against your skin so you feel pampered and sexy. Find fun and unique ways to express your sensuality!
2. Dress Feminine—Men absolutely love a soft womanly touch. A dress, skirt and heels can make any man’s heart skip a beat. Display your feminine sexuality with flowing hair or an attractive hairdo, nice nails, makeup and discreet displays of bare skin, plus colorful clothes and jewelry that are eye-catching signs of femininity. And ladies, no corporate blazers please! Your dress should be flirty, flowy and gorgeous. Perhaps it is romantic and completely easy like a soft silk in a red and off-white combination. Or maybe it is a tight fitted LBD worn with sleek patent red pumps. And while you are at it, remember to laugh, smile, create softness and be light and open on your date with your man. He’ll appreciate your receptive and delicate attitude and style.
3. Wear Heels—A man will love the way you move in a pair of high heels. There are three reasons why men’s jaw drop when you slip on the stilettos. They love the way the shoes make your legs look, how they make you walk and move your body and how it exudes femininity. Find the perfect footwear to go with that Valentine’s dress. Think sexy, strappy, sparkly and high! Feel a little unsteady in the skyscrapers? Try a pair of platforms with a thicker heel to give you more support.
4. Smell Amazing—Explore a new signature fragrance that captures your man’s attention. Several studies show that vanilla-flavored perfumes can intoxicate his senses. But perhaps he prefers something a little fresh and floral with a hint of citrus. Notice those fragrances that get a reaction and go with it! You might also want to try a new body lotion to put all over your body in unexpected places.
5. Be Daring and Add A Surprise—If you have been with your beau for a while, most likely there is an element of monotony in your relationship and in the way you dress. Even if you are going out with your girlfriends or you are with a new man, it’s important to infuse a little variety in your life which can help you give off new and exciting energy. Spice things up by wearing something a little different for you. Perhaps you secretly wear a new red lacy thong with a matching bra under your Valentine’s dress. Or nothing attracts attention quite like a hat. First, it takes guts to wear one. Second, it takes panache to carry it off. Combine the two qualities and you get major sex appeal.
Whatever you decide to wear, enhancing and focusing on your Valentine attitude and your wardrobe will boost the way you feel about yourself, thus boosting your chances for love on this special day.
Visit Kimberly at www.eliteimagemakeovers.com for a complete dating image consultation.