- Cooking Time: 9-11″
- Preparation Time: 10″
- 18 oz tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 c flour
- 2 t lemon zest
- 2 t orange zest
- 1/4 t vanilla
- yellow food coloring
- orange food coloring
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- organ and yellow sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat flour into cookie dough, then divide into three parts.
- Beat lemon zest and yellow food coloring into 1 part; set aside.
- Beat orange zest and orange food coloring into another part; set aside.
- Beat vanilla into remaining plain part.
- Roll each section into a long rope.
- Lay side-by-side on a lightly-floured surface, with the orange in the middle.
- Use a rolling pin to roll (lengthwise), forming one sheet of dough with three stripes – plain, orange, yellow.
- Use a knife or pastry cutter to cut into triangles.
- Bake 9-11″ and let cool for 1″ before transferring to rack to cool completely.
- Microwave chips for about 1″ to melt, then dunk some of the tips or backs into the chocolate and sprinkle with colored sugar.
Love Potions courtesy of Bake Space and Tyler’s Aunt
Rather than focus on only one Cyber Love Song this week, I couldn’t resist sharing my Top Ten Favorite Halloween Songs with you to enjoy all week long.
From Spooky to Thriller, with Witchy Woman in between, I hope you enjoy these seasonal favorites and share some of yours as well.
1. Spooky – Classics IV – One of my favorites, because it’s about love and romance.
2. Witchy Woman – The Eagles – The mystery of the woman in this song made it a hit for the Eagles. Enjoy this live version.
3. Monster Mash – Bobby “Boris” Pickett - You might not know who the artist is, but you’ll certainly recognize the song. No Halloween party would be complete without this seasonal favorite.
4. Witch Queen of New Orleans – Redbone - Another personal favorite that I enjoyed playing on the radio. You’ll be humming Marie, Marie, da voodoo veau, she’ll put a spell on you.
5. Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr. – The title theme from the soundtrack film will fill you with laughter on Halloween
6. Black Magic Woman – Santana - This song by Carlos Santana will always will be an incredibly sexy and classic tune that will never go out of style.
7. I put a Spell on You – Credence Clearwater Revival (CCR) – This bluesy song is one of my favorites.
8. Frankenstein – The Edgar Winter Group - No vocals, but the title alone merits its inclusion on the list this Halloween.
9. Wherewolves of London – Warren Zevon – Although he is resting in peace, the Wherewolves will always be around to help us howl during Halloween and Warren continues to make us laugh.
10. Thriller – Michael Jackson - No Halloween would be complete without the excitement of this thrilling b bestselling song from the late King of Pop.
Honorable mention: Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Do you have any other favorites to add to this list? Best wishes for a happy, spooky, fun and flirty Halloween from your friends at CyberDatingExpert.com
There’s no doubt about it. Halloween is one of the most fun holidays for singles and couples of all ages. Dressing up for Halloween is an absolute must. Halloween costume stores start popping up in August and visits to the pumpkin patch are in abundance.
So how does a single person enjoy this fun and flirty holiday? I believe that Halloween gives you permission to jump out of your comfort zone and become more approachable. Besides the youthful trick-or-treaters ringing your doorbell, singles holiday parties are in abundance. I suggest you RSVP to as many as possible, grab a few friends and go out with a smile on your face along with a devilish grin.
In preparation for Halloween, it’s also a good time to brush up on your flirting skills. Dr. Pat Allen, author of “Getting to I Do” and one of my mentors, teaches the 5-second flirt technique and encourages singles to flirt with 5 men every day and gaze into their eyes for five very long seconds. Although it’s a challenge and may seem like an eternity, on Halloween it should be a piece of cake, or at least a handful of candy corn.
Let’s start with selecting your sexy Halloween costume. Although you wouldn’t dress like this on a first date, you now have permission to show some skin without the expectation of jumping into the bedroom. Some of my favorites are from Leg Avenue. Check out the selection at Pure Delish, will give you free shipping on orders of $75 or more.
1. The Cheerleader. What guy didn’t fantasize about being with a cheerleader in high school? Now’s his chance with this sexier version guaranteed to put a smile on his face. Cost $38.
2. The French Maid. This class Halloween costume never goes out of style. Now’s your chance to flirt with him with your duster in tow. Who knows just where he might be ticklish? Cost $65.
3. Queen of Hearts. Poker night will never be the same after he sees you in this Queen of Hearts outfit. Approach him and make a bet. See if he ups the ante. Price $75.
Now that you have your costume selections ready to go, look at your local calendar section for Halloween parties. From charity events to speed dating to Haunted House parties, there are events going on all week long. Take advantage of the fact that Halloween is on a Sunday. That means from Thursday-Sunday you can get the most of out of your Halloween costume and practice the art of flirting on men who are dressed like Tarzan and George Clooney.
Don’t forget to bring your camera or Flip video and set your camera settings to movie. Go up to that cute guy and compliment him on his costume and ask if you can take his photo. Better yet, jump into the shot and have your friend take a picture of you and that hot guy. Then ask him if you can friend him on Facebook or email him the photos.
At the end of the week, you can memorialize your Halloween festivities in a video on YouTube or upload the photos to Facebook. Go ahead and tag him, he’ll be flattered that you took the time to do so.
Julie Spira is a worldwide authority in online dating and a dating advice columnist. Visit her at CyberDatingExpert.com where you can share your Internet dating stories. Follow her on Twitter @JulieSpira.
Last year I wrote an article called, Finding Love An Apple a Day, inspired by meeting a gentleman in the Apple Store while attending my one-on-one training class.
When a new niche online dating site was launched called Cupidtino, to help match MacBook, iPhone, and iPad owners and enthusiasts, I knew this would be a site I’d like. It’s the first ever “Mac-inspired” Internet dating site with the goal of bringing Apple fans and lovers of beautiful hardware and software design together.
I’m so very pleased to welcome Cupidtino’s co-founder Mel Sampat to Ask the Cyber-Dating Expert Radio Show this Saturday, October 23, 2010. We’ll hear about the features exclusive to the Apple community that I’m sure you will enjoy. Of course you’ll get the latest in dating advice for singles looking for love online.
Listen in at 646-929-0012 on Saturday, October 23, 2010 on your favorite Apple device at 2pm/ET, 12 noon/CT, 11am/PT to learn more about dating, love and romance in a Web 2.0 World.
Listen to Cyberdating Expert