How to Change Your Screen Name on Match.com
Just like seasons change, so should your online dating profile. Often your user name and headline became stale, and you really don’t want to look like yesterday’s news.You don’t read the same book every day, and your profile should be refreshed to stay current.
While it’s simple to change your photos and upload photos from Facebook on your Match profile, it’s not as easy to change your screen name and headline.
Let’s start with the screen name. Is yours catchy enough? Probably not. When we create irresistible profiles for singles, we spend a lot of time selecting the perfect screen name within the allotted amount of characters. Chances are your favorite screen name or song title has already been taken. When you realize it’s time to freshen it up, follow these simple steps and you’ll have a new name and headline within a few minutes.
Changing Your Screen Name on Match.com
- Log onto Match.com.
- Click on Account in the top right of the blue navigation bar.
- In the drop down menu, click on Settings.
- On the left hand side of the screen, click on Sign Up Information
- Type in your password when prompted to do so.
- Your sign information with your user name, city and other details will appear.
- Click Change Sign Up Information
- A box will appear where you can change your screen name, password, city, and other details.
- Click on the link for your user name and type in a new desired name.
If you’ve changed cities or moved across town, these same instructions will help you appear in the correct zip code. Or go ahead and be adventurous and change your zip code the week before you go on a trip to another city. It’s always wise to cast a wide net.
You may be happy with your screen name, but what if your headline isn’t very captivating? Your best bet is to change your headline to reflect a refreshed version of you. Make it fun or funny, but change it around a bit and you’ll be surprised at the results.
Changing Your Headline on Match.com
- Log onto Match.com.
- Click on Profile in the top blue navigation bar.
- In the drop down menu, click on View/Edit.
- To the right of your primary photo, you’ll see a white box with some text typed in it. This is where you’re headline appears.
- Delete the text and replace it with something new and fresh.
- Click Submit for Approval and you’re done.
At the end of the digital day, remember that online dating is a numbers game. You need to play to win and having a stale profile in today’s social media friendly environment is something you should avoid.
For more information on our Irresistible Profiles program, click here.
For 20% off Match.com, click here
Julie Spira is an online dating expert, bestselling author of The Perils of Cyber-Dating, and Editor-in-Chief at CyberDatingExpert.com. For dating advice, sign up for our Weekly Flirt newsletter and like us at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert