Love Potions: Chocolate Almond Walnut Brownie Cake
She calls it a real chocolate lover’s cake. This yummy recipe once again comes from Mariel Hemingway’s book, Mariel’s Kitchen. The book is divided into four seasons. Since this is the first week of fall, I selected my personal favorite from her fall recipe selection.
Nonstick cooking spray
8 ounces dark chocolat, chopped
1/2 cup almond meal
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Xylosweet
5 tablespoons coconut oil
4 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Prehear oven to 350 degrees/Fahrenheit.
2. Spray an 8-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Place dark chocolate in microwave-safe bowl and heat on high at 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until chocolate has melted and is smooth. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
5. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat Xylosweet and coconut oil until well-combined.
6. Add eggs one at a time to Xylosweet mixture, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture has turned pale and creamy, about 5 minutes.
7. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla until just blended.
8. Fold in dry ingredients and walnuts.
9. Pour into prepared springform pan and bake until cooked through, about 35 minutes. Let cool before cutting.