Love Potions – Spiced Chocolate & Orange Winter Pudding
At the recent Taste of Beverly Hills, I stopped by the Lindt chocolate booth and sampled some of their finest chocolates. I’m pleased to share one of their decadent recipes with you, the Spiced Chocolate & Orange Winter Pudding to warm you and your sweetheart up this season.
100g Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa
50g Lindt Ecuador 85% Cocoa, roughly chopped
Lindor Balls for decoration
185g self raising flour
60g plain flour
3 oranges, segmented
200g unsalted butter, soft
125ml orange juice
1tsp Chinese five spice
4 cardamon pods, crushed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
15ml Grand Marnier
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ºC (130 ºC fan assisted)
2. Sift together both flours several times in a large mixing bowl to ensure a light pudding. Toss orange segments in flour.
3. In a medium saucepan combine butter, 100g of chocolate, sugar, reserved orange juice and spices. Gently heat until sugar has dissolved and chocolate is molten. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Make a well in the centre of the flour and strain chocolate orange mixture in, mixing until well combined. Break eggs and stir through before adding chopped chocolate. Note: It’s important to stir the batter only until it’s just combined, otherwise the pudding may end up rather tough.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared moulds and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and drizzle with some Grand Marnier while still hot. Turn out and serve warm with some chocolate sauce and orange segments.
Cooking time: prep 20mins, baking 30mins
This love potion recipe is courtesy of Lindt Chocolate. For more chocolate recipes, visit Lindt.com