Love Potions – Sugar and Spice Recipes
There are many recipes on the Internet for the holiday season, but some of my favorites can be found on the Williams-Sonoma website.
This year, they’ve curated a list of recipes guaranteed to spice up your love life. The recipe that made it to the holiday edition of Love Potions is the simple ginger cookies. They say these ginger cookies are irresistible.
Ginger is also high in potassium and is known to improve your immune system.
Photo Credit: Williams-Sonoma
- 1 1/4 cups pecans or macadamia nuts
- 14 Tbs. (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 Tbs. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
Preheat an oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a sharp knife, cut each log into slices 1/8 inch thick. Arrange the slices on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
Bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer to a rack and sprinkle with sugar. Let cool.