Love Potions – Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
It’s Thanksgiving week and never to late to add a sweet addition to your holiday menu.
Last Thanksgiving we featured Pecan Pumpkin Butter Pie, which is still one of my favorites.
This latest recipe comes from PecanPieRecipe.com and is a wonderful addition to our Love Potions.
This two-layer pie has a bottom layer of tender sweet potatoes, combined with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cane syrup and vanilla. The pecan pie filling is spread over the top with a garnish of whipped cream and chocolate curls.
1 Prepared Sweet Pie Crust
1 pound Sweet Potatoes, baked until fork tender, peeled and mashed
1/2 cup Pure Cane Syrup
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg
5 Extra Large Eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Pecan pieces
1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed Light Brown Sugar
Sweetened Whipped Cream, accompaniment
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine sweet potatoes, cane syrup, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, 1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
3. Spoon sweet potato mixture into the unbaked pastry shell. Spread smooth.
4. Sprinkle pecan pieces onto the filling.
5. Beat 4 eggs in a large bowl. Add 1-teaspoon vanilla, corn syrup, sugar, brown sugar, and salt.
6. Pour egg mixture over pecans.
7. Bake 1 hour, or until pastry edges are golden brown, and filling is set.
8. Cool on wire rack. Allow 1 hour.
9. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 1 hour before serving.
10. Garnish with chocolate and sweetened whipped cream.
All of us at Cyber-Dating Expert wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.