From checking out his or her Facebook profile, to following your digital crush on Twitter, the conversation is expanding.
So how do social media and love connect online to help you with your love life offline?
Both Jeff Pulver, the 140 Conference creator and my friend Debra Eckerling from Write on Online will be hosting the #140LA13 Mini-Conference: “The Rise of Listening in the Era of Social Media” on Monday, September 23, 2013 from 6:30pm – 9:30pm at Cross Campus at 820 Broadway in Santa Monica, CA.
I’ll be joined on our panel, Romance, Speaking and Hearing from the Heart with Kerianne Mellot, eHarmony’s Social Media Manager and Marni Battista, founder of Dating With Dignity. Together, the three of us will be answering your questions on how we engage with singles using social media and what social media channels we’re finding the most effective.
We’ll address emotional issues such as how much should we reveal on social media about our personal lives, how do we handle those whose hearts are healing and encourage others to be positive during an emotional time.
We do hope you join us at this very special event.
Other sessions in the 140LA 13 mini conference include:
Hosts: Jeff Pulver and Debra Eckerling
- Love, Passion & Chocolate, Ashley Walsh
- Romance, Speaking & Hearing from the Heart, Kerianne Mellott, Julie Spira, Marni Battista
- Engaging Your Community, David Bloom speaking with Catherine Geanuracos about Eric Garcetti’s social campaign strategy
- Transforming Entertainment through Social Media, Steven Swimmer, Jon Cody, Peter Hyoguchi, Mike Rotman
- Paying it Forward, Brian Mac Mahon
The #140conf events provide a platform for individuals and entrepreneurs to listen, connect, share, and engage with each other, while collectively exploring the effects of the emerging real-time internet on business.
Limited tickets can be purchased for $15 at 140confla13-estw.eventbrite.com