Did you know that May 1st is International Global Love Day? The Day was created by Harold Becker, founder of The Love Foundation on May 1, 2004 and has been celebrated around the world ever since.
Even in a Web 2.0 world, over 800 avatars have professed their virtual love for each other in Second Life.
In our of our favorite topic of love, the team at Cyber-Dating Expert headquarters voted on our favorite love and romance quotes that we’ve posted on Twitter.
The competition was steep, but we’re happy to share our love quotes list with you and hope that you contribute your favorites in the comments.
1. A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years. ~Rupert Brooke
2. A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love. ~Stendhal
3. At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. ~Plato
4. Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. ~Peter Ustinov
5. Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. ~Robert Frost
6. Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. ~Albert Einstein
7. Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. ~Mother Teresa
8. Life is the flower for which love is the honey. ~Victor Hugo
9. Love is a game that two can play and both win. ~Eva Gabor
10. When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. ~William Shakespeare
Whatever your love stage is, from friendship to infatuation, a crush to a deep love, single, madly in like, taken, or ready to mingle, we hope you enjoy all the love that surrounds you. Return the love in a boomerang and enjoy the day.
Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam.
~Julie Spira and the Cyber-Dating Expert Team
Photo credit: © PeterPunk – Fotolia.com