Today, March 8th, women around the world are being celebrated on International Women’s Day.
Events are being held all around the world with over 400 events in the U.S. and Canada, as well as over 400 events in the United Kingdom.
Whether you decide to take the day off from work for a well-deserved mani-pedi, indulge in a box of decadent chocolates, or go to the movies, one thing is for sure– take a moment to honor your accomplishments, hug your friends, and remember your loved ones and girlfriends.
To stay inspired for the day at Cyber-Dating Expert Headquarters, we’ve selected our 7 favorite inspirational quotes from women we admire.
Let us know which ones are your favorites and feel free to add a few of your own.
1. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” ~Oprah Winfrey
2. “There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” ~Madeleine Albright
3. “When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.” – Helen Keller
4. “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.” – Ingrid Bergman
5. “A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.” - Marianne Williamson
7. “A girl should be two things classy and fabulous.” ~ Coco Chanel
Wishing the women throughout the world a very Happy International Women’s Day. Give yourself a hug.
Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam.
It was the first holiday party of the season, where Step Up Women’s Network hosted their annual membership get together hosted by Wolfgang Puck Catering at the Pacific Design Center on November 18, 2009.
More than 1000 members registered for the cocktails, social networking, and philanthropy event where they served signature drinks called the StepTini and and the Luminary Limba, in honor of their highest level membership.
The event hosts included Lisa Lee and Leslie Ann Warren and the Keynote speech was delivered by Access Hollywood’s Shaun Robinson who quoted Oprah Winfrey numerous times. Robinson just published her first book, Exactly As I Am: Celebrated Women Share Candid Advice with Today’s Girls on What It Takes to Believe in Yourself
Guests who renewed their membership or upgraded received a VIP Goody bag so enticing, that it was worth attending just to get the Sports Club LA Free one month membership.
The evening before the festive event, Step Up celebrated Stepping Up in the City with their New York chapter members at M2 Ultra Lounge where the Keynote Speaker was Fern Mallis, senior vp IPG Fashion, widely credited as the creator of Fashion Week in New York City.
Julie Spira is a writer, dating coach, and bestselling author of the online dating book, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. Visit her at CyberDatingExpert.com