In between is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate with or without a date. This is St. Patrick’s Day.
Although I’m not Irish, I always wear something green, change my Twitter photo to include a leprechaun hat and hope that I’ll have the luck as a friend of the Irish.
Whether you know the history of St. Patrick or not, it’s the perfect time to brush up on your flirting skills to get ready for spring fever. With St. Patrick’s Day on a Sunday, you can start celebrating early and make it a weekend event.
To get into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, you don’t need to be Irish. If you practice these expert dating and flirting skills, you’ll likely have a date on your calendar before the weekend is over, or will enjoy the time together with the object of your affection.
Online Dating and Flirting
1. Log onto your online dating site and change your profile photo to wearing something green.
2. Revise your headline or first sentence of your profile to days, “Kiss me if you’re Irish.”
3. Send a text message the the person you’ve had a crush on to say “Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Even if they aren’t Irish, chances are they’ll reply to you.
4. Sign up for eHarmony’s free communication weekend from March 14 – 18 (5 Full Days! #af)
Offline Dating and Flirting
5. If you have a date on the calendar, pick up a green carnation for him or her. Although receiving carnations might appear tacky on Valentine’s Day, a month later it’s fine. Suggest going to a St. Patrick’s Day parade together.
6. Set up a coffee date and order the green tea Frappuccino at Starbucks or meet at an ice cream shop and grab a mint-chocolate ice cream cone.
7. If an Irish pub and drinking green beer isn’t your thing, go to a sushi bar or your favorite Japanese restaurant and sip on some hot green tea and order green-tea ice cream for dessert.
Keep in mind St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to practice the art of flirting. Go ahead and wear that flashing green button to draw attention to yourself. If you are not one to visit a local pub, go to a public place and wear green and start smiling. You have permission to do it all.
Do you have plans to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year?
Julie Spira is an online dating expert, bestselling author of The Perils of Cyber-Dating, and is the CEO of CyberDatingExpert.com. She creates irresistible profiles for singles on the dating scene. For online dating advice, follow @JulieSpira on Twitter and at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert