In between is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate with or without a date. This is St. Patrick’s Day.
Although I’m not Irish, I always wear something green, change my Twitter photo to include a leprechaun hat and hope that I’ll have the luck as a friend of the Irish.
Whether you know the history of St. Patrick or not, it’s the perfect time to brush up on your flirting skills to get ready for spring fever. With St. Patrick’s Day on a Sunday, you can start celebrating early and make it a weekend event.
To get into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, you don’t need to be Irish. If you practice these expert dating and flirting skills, you’ll likely have a date on your calendar before the weekend is over, or will enjoy the time together with the object of your affection.
Online Dating and Flirting
1. Log onto your online dating site and change your profile photo to wearing something green.
2. Revise your headline or first sentence of your profile to days, “Kiss me if you’re Irish.”
3. Send a text message the the person you’ve had a crush on to say “Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Even if they aren’t Irish, chances are they’ll reply to you.
4. Sign up for eHarmony’s free communication weekend from March 14 – 18 (5 Full Days! #af)
Offline Dating and Flirting
5. If you have a date on the calendar, pick up a green carnation for him or her. Although receiving carnations might appear tacky on Valentine’s Day, a month later it’s fine. Suggest going to a St. Patrick’s Day parade together.
6. Set up a coffee date and order the green tea Frappuccino at Starbucks or meet at an ice cream shop and grab a mint-chocolate ice cream cone.
7. If an Irish pub and drinking green beer isn’t your thing, go to a sushi bar or your favorite Japanese restaurant and sip on some hot green tea and order green-tea ice cream for dessert.
Keep in mind St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to practice the art of flirting. Go ahead and wear that flashing green button to draw attention to yourself. If you are not one to visit a local pub, go to a public place and wear green and start smiling. You have permission to do it all.
Do you have plans to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year?
Julie Spira is an online dating expert, bestselling author of The Perils of Cyber-Dating, and is the CEO of CyberDatingExpert.com. She creates irresistible profiles for singles on the dating scene. For online dating advice, follow @JulieSpira on Twitter and at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert
If drinking green beer or nibbling on a mint-chocolate chip ice cream cone aren’t on your menu, we’re thrilled to share Rose Cole’s healthy recipe for her Raw Mint-Chip Shamrock Shake.
- 1-2 Tbs cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
- 1 frozen large banana (the more ripe, the better)
- 1-2 drops peppermint extract (or handful of fresh mint leaves)
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach (or opt for all-natural green food coloring, or just make a white mint shake)
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk of choice (coconut, almond, hemp, etc. Use more or less, depending on desired thickness.)
Optional Ideas & Add-ins
- cocoa powder
- chocolate protein powder
- garnish with fresh mint leaves
- 2-4 drops liquid stevia (I love the peppermint liquid stevia from Sweet Leaf)
- a pinch of guar gum and xantham to make pudding (or just reduce milk)
Blend everything together and enjoy! For more healthy recipes, visit RoseCole.com.
For more romantic recipes, check out our Love Potions!
I shared some of my favorite flirting techniques today in my LA Dating Advice Column on Examiner.com. It’s not too late to grab something green in your closet, find a friend, and let the flirting begin.
Now that Valentine’s Day is a distant memory, we survived the Ides of March and are in the middle of March Madness, it’s time to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Whether you know the history of St. Patrick or not, it’s the perfect time to brush up on your flirting skills to get ready for spring fever.
You don’t need to be Irish to get into the spirit. Practice these flirting skills and you’ll likely have a date on your calendar before the weekend.
1. Wear a green button that says, “Kiss me if you’re Irish.” Chances are you’ll get at least a smile, if not a peck on the cheek.
2. Grab some friends and go to your local watering hole. You don’t need to drink green beer, or anything green for that matter, to get into the spirit. While standing in line, comment on someone’s outfit who has caught your attention. It’s the kind of day where approaching others isn’t just accepted, it’s expected.
3. Pick up a green carnation for your date. This would have been tacky on Valentine’s Day, but on St. Patrick’s Day, it’s worth a chuckle and shows your date that you took the time to think of him or her.
4. Smile. A smile is contagious. Practice the 5-second stare while smiling at someone you would like to meet. It’s the cue for them to come over and wish you a Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Who knows where the conversation will lead.
5. Bring a camera or your iPhone and take photos. Compliment the guy with the tacky green tee shirt and take his photo. It will start the conversation. Chances are he’ll ask to see the shot and may even ask you to take another one. You’ll be engaging and entertaining at the same time.
Keep in mind St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to practice the art of flirting. Go ahead and wear that green button that flashes to draw attention. If you are not one to visit a local pub, go to a public place and wear green and start smiling. Go ahead and put a green bandana on your dog’s collar and go to the local dog park. You have permission to do it all.
Julie Spira, the Cyber-Dating Expert is the author of The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. Visit her at CyberDatingExpert.com where you can sign up for The Weekly Flirt and receive dating advice.