WTFlu – Don’t Let Being Sick Put A Damper On Your Love Life
For me, there are few things more upsetting than having to “rain check” on a date you’ve been excited about for days because you’ve come down with a bug, like the flu. Will he think I’m not interested? Will he want to reschedule? Will he meet someone else this weekend? All these thoughts stirring in the back of your mind can have you wanting to scream, “What The Flu?!?”
But rest assured, today there are several real-time, digital ways to maintain their interest, even if you’re sick at home with the flu.
Below are a five easy digital ways to help keep you top of mind from afar, so you’re not spreading germs while you’re on the road to recovery.
- Text Message. The day after taking a rain check, send a text message saying, “Looking forward to chatting after I feel better. How’s your day going?” Incorporating a question at the end of the text is the key to eliciting a response and keeping the conversation alive.
- Facebook. Friend your date on Facebook if you aren’t already friends. This is a sure way to let them know you are thinking of them and interested in getting to know them better.
- Twitter. Tweet a light-hearted, and even funny, message that let’s your date know that you are in fact sick at home with the flu. And, be sure to use the #WTFlu hashtag when referencing your flu mishap! You just might receive a special care package.
- Email. Shoot your date a short-but-sweet email after calling them to postpone the date. It’s important when sending an email to make sure it doesn’t come off as to business-y, so be sure to keep it flirty.
- Send an iTunes Song – Know his favorite group? Email your date a musical gift with songs from his favorite band. Not sure what to send? Try sending a song that really lets him know you’re ill. Some of my favorites are Bruce Springsteen’s “Fever,” or “Doctor, Doctor” by the Thompson Twins. If you’re relationship is more serious, he might enjoy hearing Robert Palmer’s “Bad Case of Loving You,” while he hopes you’re on the road to a speedy recovery.
Sick at home and wishing you were on your date instead? Visit Clorox’s new #WTFlu Tumblr page to commiserate about those frustrating “What the Flu?!?” moments – like missing out on a hot date – we all can relate to. You can also get in on the action by sharing your own flu mishaps on Twitter with the #WTFlu hashtag.
I am working with Clorox as a paid spokesperson for their #WTFlu program. All opinions are my own.
Julie Spira is a top online dating expert and founder of CyberDatingExpert.com. She creates Irresistible Profiles for singles on the dating scene.