It was inevitable. Pokémon Go fans now have a dating site to meet other fans. Created by Project Fix Up, PokéDates will help you connect outside to others with similar interests.
Here’s how it works and what to do get started with this dating site.
- Select Pickup Preferences. This is where you state your sex, age, preference on who to date, height, college, religion, and just how picky you are or aren’t.
- Fix up: Weaknesses. List the things that make you swoon. From cooking, to romantic, to muscular arms. You get the idea.
- Fix up: Deal Breakers. Hate a smoker, list it. Mean to restaurant staff, say so. Is in a relationship and looking for a hookup, take a pass.
- Select Themes. Let people know what kind of fix ups you’d like to go on from a list of photos. Selections include: coffee, whiskey, craft beer, craft cocktails, dive bars, desserts, wine, and of course PokeDates.
- Make it Social. To keep the social in PokeDates, you can agree to going out in a group instead of just a one-on-one date.
- About You. This is where you check off your hobbies and passions. From stating you’re a smoker or non-smoker to your political belief, check off as many as you can to get the best match.
- Upload a minimum 3 Photos. You’ll be allowed to post more than three, but they (and we) recommend at least three photos.
Once your profile is completed, they’ll ask you to reconfirm your email and verify you via text and you’re set to go. They’ll review your profile (we like that) to keep the site safe.
PokéDate is free to join, but once they create a fix up for you, you’re charged at $20 for your date. If you use the promo code of Project Fixup is offering first dates for free with the promo code of “POKEDATES2016,” you’ll get your first date free.
So get ready to share your score and level on Pokémon go with someone with similar passions.
Happy Poké Dating.
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert. She’s a bestselling author internationally known dating coach who has been helping singles find love online for over two decades.
For dating advice, follow @JulieSpira on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
Sign up for the free Weekly Flirt.
Julie Spira is America's Top Online Dating Expert. She's an award-winning dating coach who's been helping singles find love online for 25+ years. Follow @JulieSpira on IG.