20 Quotes for Thanksgiving Worth Sharing
As we gather together with our friends, family, and loved ones, it’s time to reflect on all that you’re grateful for. This Thanksgiving, we’re happy to share our favorite quotes from the web and Twitter for gratitude on the holiday.
1. Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart. ~Seneca
2. Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude. ~ E. P. Powell
3. To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do. ~ Victor Hugo
4. Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward
5. In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich. ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
6. The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings. ~Henry Ward Beecher
7. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John F. Kennedy
8. Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow. ~Edward Sandford Martin
9. What we’re really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? ~Erma Bombeck
10. Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. ~W.J. Cameron
11. Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day. ~Robert Caspar Lintner
12. Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence. ~Erma Bombeck
13. An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day. ~Irv Kupcinet
14. Forever on Thanksgiving Day, the heart will find the pathway home.~Wilbur D. Nesbit
15. A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues. ~Cicero
16. Thanksgiving is possible only for those who take time to remember; no one can give thanks who has a short memory. ~Unknown
17. Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel. ~Unknown
18. Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. ~Aesop
19. Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast. ~William Shakespeare
10. Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. ~W.T. Purkiser
Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam.
Julie Spira and the Cyber-Dating Expert Team.