Fourth of July is around the corner, so if you’re feeling like your relationship status should be called a “dud” or if it’s really complicated, don’t accept your ho-hum love life. It’s time to ignite some fireworks and kick-off the summer holiday!
At Cyber-Dating Expert Headquarters, we’ve decided to help you ramp up your search with a wonderful 20% HOLIDAY Savings! But we’re only limiting this offer to TEN lucky people from now until Sunday night, July 5th.
THE FLIRT – Already have a dating profile, but need a quick critique? In our Flirt package, we’ll spend 45 minutes answering your questions and giving you advice on how to change your profile.
THE FLIRT – SAVE $50
GOING STEADY – A brand new Irresistible Profile to attract your dream guy or girl. We do this with you live and interactively. If you’re profile is stale and you have an empty inbox, this package is for you!
GOING STEADY – SAVE over $150
TOTALLY IN LOVE – Our most POPULAR package includes a brand new Irresistible Profile PLUS 30 days of unlimited email/text support. We know the first 30 days with your brand new profile are the most important. We’re here to answer any questions from what to wear on your date to help you craft emails to doing a Digital Matchmaker search for you!
TOTALLY IN LOVE – SAVE $250
*Don’t wait as this offer is valid for the FIRST 10 People who sign up and will sadly expire on July 5th at midnight when the price will revert back to the regular rate.
Sign up now and let the next Cyber Love Story of the Week be your own.
*Coaching Packages are non-refundable
With Fourth of July around the corner and on a weekend as well, it’s time to start thinking about fun things to do with your date.
This year, Friday is the official start of the three day weekend, so start thinking about fireworks online and offline and check out ten of the best summertime first date ideas that won’t break the bank, nor will it put too much pressure on a date with someone new.
Happy dating and enjoy the sunshine all summer long.
1. Ride the Ferris Wheel.
Go to an amusement park and ride the Ferris Wheel or even the roller coaster, if you dare.
2. Find a free outdoor concert.
Bring a picnic meal and a blanket and take in the sounds of local artists. Some museums and parks actually have well-known musicians.
3. Watch an outdoor movie.
While drive-in theaters have become obsolete, the trend of watching movies on a big screen at a shopping center or local park has become all the rage.
Make sure to go grocery shopping together to spice up the date. Cooking together can be filled with laughter. Don’t forget to pick up chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers to make s’mores for dessert.
5. Go on a bike ride.
Make it more memorable by renting a bicycle built for two! Remember to take photos and of course, ask for permission before posting to Instagram.
6. Take a Beach Yoga Class.
Yoga is sexy on a date. Remember to bring your sunscreen. If you don’t live near a beach, check out the many outdoor classes in a park.
7. Take a cooking Class.
Stores such as Sur le Table nationwide have cooking classes on their calendar. If you can’t find one near you, check out the local universities and colleges or a MeetUp group for foodies.
8. Snack at the Food Trucks.
Many neighborhoods have a food truck day. Find out which day or night they’ll be parked in your neighborhood. From the healthy green truck to a spicy Mexican cuisine, there’s a favorite truck for every type of palate.
9. Go to a baseball game.
It’s the season for America’s favorite past time. Nibble on peanuts and Cracker Jack and enjoy the 7th inning stretch. Check the MLB.com website for dates and times. Not in a baseball city, find a minor league game near you.
10. Go to a zoo.
It’s fun to feed the animals at the zoo Take it a step further and walk into the petting zoo and spend time with the llamas and sheep.
Don’t forget to memorialize your fun outdoor date by snapping photos. Who knows, you just might end up with a nice kiss at the end of the date to add to your digital memory book.
Are you headed to Silicon Beach Fest in Marina del Rey, CA this week?
If so, it will be a fun and informative few days filled with speakers on technology, social media, funding, and more on June 24 – 27th at the Marina del Rey Hotel.
On Thursday, June 25, 2015, Cyber-Dating Expert founder Julie Spira and Three Day Rule Founder Talia Goldstein will be hosting a workshop called, Make Your Online Profile Irresistible.
You’ll learn all the latest tips and dos and don’ts for your business profiles as well as other social media profiles and online dating profiles.
Plus: We’ll have GlamSquad and a photographer on hand to snap a new photo for you for your profile.
The panel will be held in the workshop room from 3pm – 4:15pm.
Learn how to make your online profile to be more irresistible on both dating services and work-related sites (because people check both!) at this hands-on workshop with dating expert Julie Spira, CEO of Cyber-Dating Expert and Talia Golstein, founder of Three Day Rule. Learn what photos to use, what to say in your description, and what kind of things you should be posting about to increase your dating attractability while still being professional, on services including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Match, Tinder, Grindr, and more. Bring your phone and get ready to edit your description and change your profile pic.
– Julie Spira, Cyber-Dating Expert, CEO
– Talia Goldstein, Three Day Rule, Founder and CEO
Julie Spira is the CEO of Cyber-Dating Expert where she’s been helping singles find love online for over 20 years. She is the go-to person in the media for online dating advice and has appeared in/on over 600 news stories including ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, NBC, Los Angeles Times, Men’s Health, Women’s Heath and New York Times. She is quoted in the June issue of Women’s Health with her online dating advice
Talia Goldstein is the CEO and Founder of Three Day Rule, a personalized Matchmaking company backed by Match.com. An expert matchmaker with hundreds of success stories, Talia has created 3 matching algorithms, and has been featured on CNN, USA Today, Time, CBS, PBS, Newsweek, Huffington Post, NPR, People, Pando Daily, Maxim, GQ, TMZ, Cosmopolitan & more. She was named to Story Exchange’s Power List of Female Entrepreneurs in 2015, and was in DigitalLA’s Top 50 Digital Women in 2015.
From gift-giving to should you be joining your guy on Father’s Day, here are five dating and relationship tips to honor the dad your adore in your life.
1. New Relationship – If your relationship is new and you haven’t met his kids yet, let him enjoy the day alone with them. It’s not time to introduce the new girlfriend to the relationship. Remember to send a sweet text message in the morning wishing him a “Happy Father’s Day.” He’ll appreciate that you care enough to acknowledge the day and aren’t making the day all about you or the relationship status.
2. Already Met His Kids – If you’ve already met his kids and don’t have children of your own, have a conversation about how he wants to spend the day. He may or may not want to include you in the day if he’s concerned about his own time with his kids, so don’t take it personally. Offer to celebrate Father’s Day with him separately by suggesting making a home cooked dinner the night before as a “date night” or by giving him tickets to his favorite sporting or concert event for him and his children to go to together.
3. Blending the Families – If you have children of your own, don’t insist on blending the families if your children won’t be with their father or suggest splitting the time on Father’s Day between two families. Everyone will feel a bit left out with half of a celebration. Go ahead and let your date know you respect his time with his children and make other plans with your kids and go to a movie. Father’s Day is still a day to celebrate the mother in their life.
4. Gift-Giving – Don’t go buying him an extravagant gift if your relationship is new, give him a photo montage of just the two of you, or suggest going away for a romantic weekend trip. He might feel overwhelmed if you haven’t become serious or “Facebook Official” yet and could withdraw from the relationship into that man cave of his. Instead, send him an iTunes musical CD if he loves music from his favorite band, or send a fun e-card. I’m a big fan of JibJab filled with cute and whimsical animated music cards. It’s the thought that matters.
5. Don’t Assume You’re Included – If you’ve met his kids and see them on a regular basis, ask your guy if he wants to be alone with them on Father’s Day. Then ask him to talk about it with his children to see if they’d like to go out as a group or just with their dad. Maybe they will go golfing or bowling during the day and you can meet them later on for a barbecue. His kids will appreciate that you consider their feelings on the day that they celebrate their dad.
Remember, single dads are really interested in meeting women who want to share time with their children, at an appropriate time. Match reports that single dads are 56% more likely to email single moms than men without children. Eventually if your relationship progresses, you’ll be blending the families on his weekends, but don’t rush into it just yet.
How are you planning on celebrating Father’s Day this year?
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She’s the author of the bestseller, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online and creates irresistible profiles and coaches singles on the dating scene. Like her at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert and follow @JulieSpira on Twitter for dating advice. Interested in improving your odds on Tinder? Check out SwipingRight to help you find your dream date.
In this episode of Words,Wine and Women, Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker Julie Spira teaches Tara the attorney and Beth the single mom digital dating tips on what to post in their profiles when starting Internet dating and using mobile dating apps for the first time.
Watch this episode if you think the following:
1. If you’re looking for a commitment and only dog-lovers apply.
2. You think there are only creeps online.
3. You want to feel safe with Internet dating.
4. You’re not sure which sites to try.
5. You aren’t sure what types of photos to post.
6. You need help in creating a buddy system.
7. You need tips on what to talk about on a date.
Find out the difference between all of the many dating sites now.
Are you ready to have an Irresistible Online Dating Profile to attract your dream date?
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She was an early adopter of the Internet and has appeared in over 600 news stories with her online dating advice. Follow @JulieSpira on Twitter and sign up for the free Weekly Flirt newsletter.
Recently I met this girl and she gave me her number.
We started texting and calling each other. Then I called her one day and we talked for about 30 minutes, so I thought everything was great.
One day later I sent her a text and she didn’t write back (one day has passed since I texted her).
My question is should I text her back again or should I just forget her?
Dear Texting Guy,
To text, or not to text. That is always a big question we get from our readers who anxiously wait by their phone counting the digital minutes and seconds waiting for the chime sound of a text reply.
Take a deep breath. It’s only been one day since you sent a text that didn’t result in a reply from your new digital crush. While texting etiquette, or our Rules of Netiquettestate that you should reply within 24-hours to a text and most daters think any text that isn’t responded to in four hours means someone isn’t interested, often there are other circumstances which prevent a text reply right away.
You see, lots of things can happen when you send a text. Here are a few reasons why she might not have written back.
1. Her battery ran out.
2. Her phone was turned off.
3. She was on an airplane or in a bad cell reception area.
4. She was at a movie or out with friends and decided she’d get back to you later and just forgot.
5. She’s playing hard to get.
6. She’s not interested in you romantically.
7. She’s got a boyfriend.
Of all of these scenarios, you can look at the first few and realize she was just busy and try texting her again. If she’s involved with someone, you’ll probably find out soon enough.
The point is, we can value ourselves based on a text message that wasn’t returned. What you can do is send a short, flirty, and fun text a day or two later saying, “Hey.. How’s your day going?” This low pressure text message which asks a question might result in her getting back to you and your banter can continue.
What I don’t want to see you do is text her 4, 5, 6, 7 times in one day, because as a guy, it’s your job to make her feel safe to be around you. If you continue to text her without a reply over-and-over again, she might block you or think you’re overanxious, or worse yet, may even think you’re a stalker.
Don’t be that guy, because every woman wants to be with a confident guy. We don’t like game playing when it comes to text messages, and genuinely love to hear from you, so stay on the digital radar. You can take it one step further and actually call her if you have something fun to invite her to.
Do you have questions about your digital love life or need dating advice? Send your questions to CyberDatingExpert.com/contact
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She was an early adopter of online dating and creates Irresistible Profiles for singles on the dating scene. For more online dating advice, follow @JulieSpira on Twiter and sign up for the free Weekly Flirt newsletter.
The June issue of Women’s Health magazine is now available on the newsstands and we’re jumping for joy at Cyber-Dating Expert headquarters!
Besides being a fun bikini issue with Gwyneth Paltrow on the cover, if you check out page 38, you’ll see a feature on niche dating sites, where it’s an honor to be quoted as the online dating expert in this fun quiz on spotting the fake niche dating site.
So if you’re a fan or Wyldfire, JSwipe, Wingman, or Puppy Partners, or aren’t sure what a niche site is, check out this article and please go buy the print edition filled with fabulous articles for the summer.
Highlights of the Pop Quiz are below. Did you know the answer?
As Mother’s Day approaches, it’s time to take a look at the online dating behaviors of single moms and what their children think of their dates. If you think being a single mom reduces your chance of finding love online, this is a misconception among many others. Read on.
According to dating site PlentyOfFish, a survey of their users revealed that 44% of women dating are line are single moms and their reasons for going online and what they’re looking for may surprise you. With almost 28% of single moms admitting they’ve been dating online for over three years, this survey states that they might not be looking for a knight in white armor.
What’s exciting for single moms, it is turns out they’re finding love 10% faster than women without children at home. Does this mean you should post photos of your children in your online dating profile? As an online dating expert and dating coach, I’m not a fan of having your children appear as your primary profile photo, but believe it’s important to state within the text portion of your profile that you’re proud of your children (and list their ages). It turns out that an overwhelming 76% of single moms do indeed mention their children and/or post photos of them in their profiles.
According to POF:
Like many online daters, single mothers are looking for partners they can relate to. Accordingly, they are 3.4 times more likely to date a single father than childless women are. In contrast, single moms are half as likely to date childless men as women with no children are.
But what do the kids have to say about their mom’s dates?
According to POF, 63% of moms said they’d consider their child’s disapproval of a potential partner as a major red flag or a deal-breaker.
Other key findings include:
- 1.2% are interested in meeting a clone of their ex, while 60.28% said they didn’t have a type.
- 51.81% will introduce their date to their children once they are in a monogamous relationship.
- 54.98% said that with their busy schedule, there was no time to meet anyone anywhere else.
- 53.99% said that online dating allowed them to get to know someone without sacrificing time with their kid(s).
- 56.97% are dating online to find a partnership, as compared to less than 1% who are looking for financial support.
- 62.29% will go online whenever they can find a spare second, followed by weekday nights when their kids are asleep.
On this Mother’s Day, we wish you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam. xo.
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She was an early adopter of the Internet and has been helping singles find love online for over 20 years. To find out how you can have an Irresistible Online Dating Profile, visit CyberDatingExpert.com and follow @JulieSpira on Twitter for dating advice.
How do you create an irresistible online dating profile and protect yourself from being a victim of a ‘Catfish?’
We tackled these questions and more in a radio interview on “The Night Side” on AM1010 in Toronto with Barb DiGiulio.
From word-count to safety; photos to emails; long-distance relationships and more, listen in to find out how you can be more successful with Internet dating.
Follow @JulieSpira for online dating advice.
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She was an early adopter of the Internet and has helped singles find love online for over 20 years. For more online dating advice, sign up for the free Weekly Flirt newsletter and visit CyberDatingExpert.com.
Our friends at Match teamed up with Wella for a #LoveisintheHair survey to of online daters on Match to find out what the guys and gals had to say about women and their hair color and styles.
Check out this fun Infographic and maybe try a new hairstyle for your next date to mix it up.
Some of the key findings are:
- Blondes have more long-term relationships.
- Brunettes have more first dates.
- Almost half of the women think that sleek and straight hair makes them feel more confident.
- Almost half of the single men found women with curly hair to be more irresistible
- 1/4 of single men find women with straight-sleek hair to be more wife-worthy
- 1/4 of single men find women with hair in braids to be more sporty
Does this mean you need to run to the hair salon and change your color and style? I say no. The number one attraction to a man will always be confidence, so ladies…smile be confident, be happy both on the Internet and offline and he’ll be enjoying his date with you.
Follow @JulieSpira on Twitter for online dating advice.