Now with dating in a Tinder world, the trend has changed to the extreme opposite, where members of the hottest mobile dating app are now clamoring to indicate an age of triple digits at 100 years old, to hide the truth about their real age.
While this may seem absolutely ridiculous, my phone rings every week with people asking, actually begging for me to teach them how to change their age on Tinder to an absurd age of 100+ years old, give or take ten years.
If you’re wondering how to accomplish this, here are the steps you need to take, but remember, you’ll be deactivating your Tinder profile, so if there’s a special someone that you’re swooning over, make sure you get their phone number to call or text before they go off into Internet heaven.
How to Change Your Age on Tinder
- Log onto your Facebook account from a desktop or non-mobile version, where you will need to change your birth year. To do this, click on “about” and scroll down to your birth date and click edit.
- Go to your birth year and click on edit and change the year. PLEASE NOTE: Facebook limits the amount of times that you can change your age. As of now, you can only change it once and it will ask you to confirm this change.
- Log off of Facebook.
- Log onto Tinder through the mobile app.
- Click on the gear on the top left side of the mobile app.
- Click on app settings and scroll to the bottom and click “Delete Account.” PLEASE NOTE: Do not just delete the app from your phone, as it will not delete your account settings.
- Remember that deleting your account will permanently delete your matches, conversations, photos, etc. Tinder will ask you if you are sure you want to delete your account. Click on “Delete Account.”
- View all of your app icons on your mobile phone and tap on the Tinder app lightly. All of your mobile app icons will shake and click on the x in the upper left hand corner of the Tinder icon. This will then delete the app from your phone.
- Log back onto Facebook and double check that your new birth date was changed.
- Download the Tinder app again as brand new on your mobile phone.
- Sign up for Tinder using the Facebook login.
- Your new Tinder age should appear on your Tinder profile. NOTE: You can keep your birth date private on your Facebook profile.
- Please remember, at Cyber-Dating Expert, we discourage people from lying about their age on dating sites and on Facebook or other social networking sites.
Follow @JulieSpira on Twitter for Dating Advice.