As a guest on HLN’s Morning Express with Robin Meade, I shared tips to help singles find love on a mobile dating app.
With over 30% of singles using dating apps, it’s essential to stand out in a crowded search for love.
I shared the following tips to use all of your digital real estate to look your best on your profile in this TV segment.
- Post Authentic Photos. Glamour shots or photos from 5-10 years ago won’t show how you look today.
- Nix the filters. It’s fun to play with filters on Instagram and TikTok and remove any flaws, but at the end of the day, you need to look exactly how you’ll look when you meet in person.
- Ditch the Selfies. No selfies? Yes, I did say that. They don’t belong on a dating profile. You’ll come across as self-absorbed, and you’re only as attractive as your worst dating profile photo.
- No Sunglasses. Photos wearing your favorite shades won’t come off as fashionable. Instead of being mysterious, it sends a message that you could be hiding something. Show off those baby blue eyes.
- No Party Shots. Three’s a crowd, so don’t post your entire posse of friends. When you’re swiping on an app, it becomes confusing for your date to figure out which person will show up on the date.
- Post Activity Shots. Love to ski? Post a photo in your ski gear at the top of the lift on your favorite mountain, and remember to caption it. Are you a golfer? Post a photo on the green or the driving range.
- Include a Full-Body Photo. Part of balancing your profile is including a full-length body shot.
- Be Specific and Date With Intent. Whether you’re looking for something casual, or a serious relationship leading to marriage, check the correct box and say so in your profile. Those with different dating goals can swipe left.
- Go on a Virtual Date. The technology is available to go on a video date, whether in-app or on Zoom or FaceTime, and you should. It’s a way to vet your date to determine chemistry and, more importantly, to feel safe.
Book Your Dress Rehearsal and Go on a Mock Date with Julie
- Remember to Smile. Profile photos showing your radiant smile will get more right swipes, so now is not the time to be coy.
For more dating advice and private coaching, check out Irresistible Profiles to help you swipe right for love.