Meet Julie Spira
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker
Julie’s an award-winning dating coach and internationally-known bestselling author.
She’s the go-to person in the media for online dating and mobile dating advice and is a political dating and internet safety expert.
As a Los Angeles based celebrity-dating coach, Julie has clients from New York to San Francisco and from London to Sydney and was named “Best Dating Coach of the Year” in the 2017 iDate Awards.
Julie was a very early adopter of online dating and was on the Internet before she believes people even knew there was an Internet.
With over two decades of experience, she coaches singles from college-age to the large population of baby-boomers who are looking for a first or second chance at love. Through a combination of online dating profiles, mobile dating apps, email etiquette, and social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, Julie helps singles shorten their search to find their dream dates.
She’s Truly the Pioneer of Online Dating ~Cosmopolitan
One of America’s Ultimate Experts ~Woman’s World magazine
Top 10 Columnist to Follow on Twitter ~Your Tango
Julie’s appeared as the dating coach in the VICE documentary, Mobile Love Industries and was the online dating expert and coach in the award-winning feature film, The Lonely Italian.
She’s the author of the bestselling online dating book, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online, is writing the social media manners book, The Rules of Netiquette: How to Mind Your Digital Manners, and a book on the intersection of love and politics called, Love in the Age of Trump.
Julie’s received numerous honors and held positions including:
- Top 10 Columnist to follow on Twitter
- Winner, Best Dating Coach of the Year 2017 – iDate Awards
- One of “America’s Ultimate Experts” by Woman’s World magazine
- Top 100 Most Influential People in Social Media in Fast Company
- Most Influential Person in “Online Dating” and “Dating” on social media influence site, Klout
- Nominated for the “Women Making a Difference Awards by the Los Angeles Business Journal
- Dating expert for Facebook for Valentine’s Day
- Spokesperson for Clorox for ‘What the Flu’ campaign
- Dating and Relationship expert for Bloomingdales for ‘Meet Your Beauty Match’
- Spokesperson for Spokeo for Valentine’s Day
- Judge for JDate’s ‘Top Proposal Contest’
- Match Relationship Expert
- Spokesperson for Cupid’s #SetLoveFree campaign
- Dating Coach and Expert for Match and bebe’s ‘Girls’ Night Out’
- Top Online Dating Expert, as named by DatingAdvice.com
- Golden Heart Award Winner (2014) Dating Website Reviews
Julie’s advice has reached millions. She’s been called on by the media as an expert in Internet dating, mobile dating, rekindled romances, and social media etiquette. From Tinder to Bumble, Grindr to OkCupid, and eHarmony to Match, Julie knows the dating industry inside and out and helps singles find their one in 100 million worldwide.
Julie’s been featured and quoted over 1500 times in the media including:
ABC, Access Hollywood Live, BBC, Boston Globe, BuzzFeed, CBS, CNET, CNN, Cosmopolitan, E! Entertainment, Elle, Glamour, Good Day LA, Good Morning America, Hallmark Channel, HLN, Daily Beast, Daily Mail, Los Angeles Times, Mashable, Men’s Fitness, Men’s Health, NBC, New York Post, New York Times, NPR, PC World, Psychology Today, Redbook, Sydney Morning Herald, Time.com, Today Show, USA Today, USA Weekend, VICE, Washington Post, WIRED, Woman’s Day, Women’s Health, and Woman’s World.
Julie’s articles and dating advice have appeared on online dating and lifestyle sites including:
- Huffington Post
Julie speaks frequently at conferences worldwide about the marriage of love and technology including:
- 92nd Street Y – New York City
- BlogWorld/New Media Expo
- BookExpo America
- 140 Twitter Conference
- Digital Hollywood
- Digital LA
- Internet Dating Conference
- Internet World
- New York Public Library
- Social Media Club
- Social Media Week
- Silicon Beach Fest