7 Ways to Shine During Online Dating’s Peak Season
There was a lot of excitement the first week of January leading up to “Dating Sunday,” a day proclaimed by Match as the busiest day of the year for online dating.
Other sites and apps also saw the surge in activity and joined in on the Dating Sunday excitement, including Plenty of Fish, Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid, and more.
As a guest on KENS TV in San Antonio and KHOU in Houston, I spoke with reporter Jeremy Baker, on why the first Sunday of a new year is always so active.
Baker’s mother met and married his stepfather after meeting in an AOL chat room in the 1990s, and he shares the history of online dating from the early days to the present, where singles are swiping on mobile dating apps.
Now that Dating Sunday is over, what should you do next?
If you missed the spike on Sunday while watching the Golden Globes, there’s no need to fret. Peak season is in full force right now, leading up to Valentine’s Day, just five weeks away.
There’s plenty of time to find love with some of these tips.
To get you armed for in online dating’s Peak Season, here are 7 online and mobile dating tips to help you get lucky, now through Valentine’s Day.
1. Post 5 -7 new photos to your profile and caption them if you can.
2. View and “Like” profiles and photos of 10 people a day during peak season.
3. Log on for 1/2 hour, twice daily to see who has viewed your profile and written to you.
4. Write back to those who are messaging you on dating apps and sites within the 1-4 hours, the sooner the better.
5. Don’t be shy. Make the first move and message someone whose profile looks interesting.
6. Rewrite your profile and include some of your goals for the year. Whether it’s running a marathon to writing your first novel. They’re conversation breakers that make you unique.
7. Turn on push notifications, so you’ll know instantly who’s interested in you.
If you need some extra hand-holding, find out how our Irresistible Profiles will help you find your dream date.
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She was an early adopter of Internet dating and has been coaching singles on finding love online for over 25 years.
SIGN UP for the FREE Weekly Flirt for dating advice delivered to your inbox
Photo credit: Fotolia