It’s back! After a two-year hiatus of St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, this is the week to think, wear, and be seen in green. Next to Halloween, St. Patrick’s Day is my favorite day for flirting, and this year, you should be feeling the luck of the Irish both online and IRL.
Jump out of your comfort zone and little black dress, and try these seven tips to enjoy the luck of the Irish.
- Add a Frame to Your Primary Dating Profile Photo. If you’ve seen fun or cause-based frames on Facebook or Instagram, try using one for your social media profile and make a copy for your dating app profile. You can find a St. Patrick’s Day frame on Facebook by typing in “frames for your profile picture.” Click on “See All,” where you’ll find several green frames complete with shamrocks and leprechaun hats. Need a wider selection? This site has over a dozen to select your perfect frame.
- Post a photo wearing a leprechaun hat. On my Facebook Page, I use the photo above every year on March 17th. If you don’t have a physical hat handy, visit Canva’s website, upload your dating profile picture, and search for leprechaun hats from their stock photos.
- Send a Flirty Text to Someone You’ve Been Chatting With. Wish your crush a Happy St. Patrick’s Day, and add a four-leaf clover and a wink emoji. Even if they aren’t Irish, they’ll probably reply to you.
- Be bold, and say, “Pinch Me, I’m Irish. Wearing a flashing green button is guaranteed to receive a reaction, and pinching might be more appropriate than kissing right now.
- Go to a Parade. St. Patrick’s Day parades have returned. If you go, remember to smile everywhere, wear green, and find someone to start an in-person chat with. You can simply ask them if they’re Irish as an ice-breaker. Irish Central has a list of St. Paddy’s Day parades in the U.S. If you’re still a bit nervous about being in a crowd, wear a green mask when you’re out-and-about.
- Schedule a Virtual Date and Wear Green. Hop on a Zoom call and watch the live stream of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade from Dublin by sharing your screen with your date. ABC News will be streaming this parade at 8 am/ET. If you click on your video date, decide to meet in person later during the day or over the weekend.
- Go to a dog park. There’s a reason it’s called puppy love. Put a green bandana on your dog’s collar and take a walk to the local dog park. Your dog will do the flirting for you, and it will be a great conversation starter. If you can’t get out during the day, post a photo of your dog dressed up for the occasion on your dating profile. Fun fact: Images with dogs are 60% more attractive on dating apps.
Whatever you do online, or offline, take advantage of reaching and connecting on March 17th.
Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may swipe or roam. xo