Chanukah, the 8-day celebration known as the Festival of Lights, starts at sundown on December 8th.
As a child, I have fond memories of lighting the menorah and opening one special gift every night with my family, while nibbling on traditional potato pancakes fried in oil.
You probably have heard over-and-over again that online dating is a numbers game. Perhaps you wonder, ?When will it be my turn?? As singles looking for love online, you know that first impressions are everything. So without further adieu, I wish you all a very festive holiday season.
Here are eight ways to enjoy the holiday. So don?t be blue and let?s get started.
1. ?Host a Chanukah Party. There?s no need to be alone at the holidays.? This year we get an early start. Why not host a Chanukah party? Ask each single guy to bring his BFF and have each gal bring her best single guy friend. Not in the mood to send out invites?? Check out the local Hanukkah singles parties online and RSVP.
- Added Bonus: You never know.? Someone just might need a guest for his or her holiday party scheduled later in the month.
2. ?Guilt Them With Gelt. Love those gold-covered chocolate coins? Who wouldn?t? ?Don?t fret that you won?t have a stocking filled with candy canes or coal when your gift bag includes the golden gelt.
- Added Bonus: Chocolate is an aphrodisiac.
3. ??Spin the Dreidel. Remember when you played ?Spin the Bottle? in high school? It?s time to play ?Spin the Dreidel? instead. Replace the familiar Nun, Shin, Gimel and Hey with a more fun and a flirty gesture such as a kiss, hug, neck, or peck.
- Added Bonus: Everyone remembers his or her first kiss.
4. Light My Fire. Although it was one of my favorite songs by the band, The Doors, playing Light My Fire on Chanukah is a great way to get into a romantic mood with your date. Take turns lighting the candles. Who knows what the burning flames can turn into?
- Added Bonus: You may end up lighting his fire.
5. ?Red Hot Latkes. They say the way to a man?s heart is through his stomach, so grab your grandma?s favorite latke recipe and serve it with applesauce. Spice it up with cinnamon red hots, the color of love, and take turns spoon-feeding each other. Sound corny? Perhaps, but if you?re in a fun and flirty mood, one of you just might lean over to initiate that first kiss.
- Added Bonus: Red is the color of passion.
6. ?Don?t Spoil the Oil. The tradition is told that the burning oil lasted for eight days instead of one. Grab your favorite massage oil, heat it slightly in the microwave, and give him a foot massage. He?ll wonder what?s in store for days 2-8.
- Added Bonus: Even if he doesn?t love you, his feet will.
7. ?The Magic of 8. Time to ramp it up and write to eight people online that you?ve either previously flirted with or whose profiles have captured your eye. Take the time to say hello and wish them a Happy Chanukah with an e-card. You never know who will be happy to see your email in their ?inbox.?
- Added Bonus: Everyone loves receiving holiday greeting cards and you have become proactive with your love life.
8. Eight Dates a Week. Don?t let the pressure of the holidays get you down. Commit to going on eight dates a week for the next four weeks in December. After all, online dating is a numbers game. You need to play to win. Think you met someone and had a great connection? After eight dates, happily retire your online dating profile and be open to the possibilities that they may be ?the one.?
- Added Bonus: There?s a reason there is a Magic 8 Ball and the Beatles song made it to #1. Perhaps your time has come.
Julie Spira is an online dating and relationship expert and the author of the bestseller, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online.? She creates Irresistible Profiles for singles on the dating scene. Visit her at CyberDatingExpert.com where you can sign up for the Free Weekly Flirt and the eBook, 5 Secrets to Finding Love Online. Like her at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert for more dating advice and Follow Julie on Twitter @JulieSpira