I shared some of my favorite flirting techniques today in my LA Dating Advice Column on Examiner.com. It’s not too late to grab something green in your closet, find a friend, and let the flirting begin.
Now that Valentine’s Day is a distant memory, ?we survived the Ides of March and are in the middle of March Madness, ?it’s time to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Whether you know the history of St. Patrick or not, it’s the perfect time to brush up on your flirting skills to get ready for spring fever.
You don’t need to be Irish to get into the spirit. Practice these flirting skills and you’ll likely have a date on your calendar before the weekend.
1. Wear a green button that says, “Kiss me if you’re Irish.” Chances are you’ll get at least a smile, if not a peck on the cheek.
2. Grab some friends and go to your local watering hole. You don’t need to drink green beer, or anything green for that matter, to get into the spirit. While standing in line, comment on someone’s outfit who has caught your attention. It’s the kind of day where approaching others isn’t just accepted, it’s expected.
3. Pick up a green carnation for your date. This would have been tacky on Valentine’s Day, but on St. Patrick’s Day, it’s worth a chuckle and shows your date that you took the time to think of him or her.
4. Smile. A smile is contagious. Practice the 5-second stare while smiling at someone you would like to meet. It’s the cue for them to come over and wish you a Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Who knows where the conversation will lead.
5. Bring a camera or your iPhone and take photos. Compliment the guy with the tacky green tee shirt and take his photo. It will start the conversation. Chances are he’ll ask to see the shot and may even ask you to take another one. You’ll be engaging and entertaining at the same time.
Keep in mind St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to practice the art of flirting. Go ahead and wear that green button that flashes to draw attention. If you are not one to visit a local pub, go to a public place and wear green and start smiling. Go ahead and put a green bandana on your dog’s collar and go to the local dog park. You have permission to do it all.
Julie Spira, the Cyber-Dating Expert is the author of The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. Visit her at CyberDatingExpert.com where you can sign up for The Weekly Flirt and receive dating advice.
Follow Julie on Twitter Facebook Linkedin Huffington Post Facebook Fan Page
Julie Spira is America's Top Online Dating Expert. She's an award-winning dating coach who's been helping singles find love online for 25+ years. Follow @JulieSpira on IG.
2 thoughts on “How to Flirt on St. Patrick’s Day”
Hi Julie. Number 4 advice is a great one, always a smile is the perfect ice-breaker. However, a person should not jump into a continuous smiling session, that could make him look quite strange and mission is not accomplished. 🙂
Thank you for the comment. A smile is certainly an ice-breaker both online and offline. My suggestion is to smile for 5-seconds. It will feel like a long time, but is short enough that you won’t be uncomfortable.