It’s Thanksgiving week and many of you are headed to the airport or are packing your bags to visit friends, family, and loved ones.
Thanksgiving is an emotional time for many. It’s the big holiday leading up to even bigger holidays. It’s Cuffing Season, where couples are changing their relationship statuses and taking down their profiles.
The stores are filled with holiday ornaments and everyone should be filled with gratitude, right?
Often we look for things that aren’t working in our lives. We compare ourselves to others’ Facebook updates and force a cheery smile when out and about.
Maybe your career isn’t on track. Maybe your relationship is uncertain. Maybe you’re suffering from a recent breakup or can’t get over an ex. All of these feelings and more are very real. The get magnified big time at the holidays.
Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays of the year. There have been some Thanksgiving holidays that I wished I could have stay under the covers, but I got over it.
Still, it’s a time to pause and think about those in your life. The memories that still bring a smile to your face, the possibilities of the future, and most importantly, think about living in the present right now. As I embark on a road trip to visit my family for Thanksgiving, I thought I’d share 10 things I’m grateful for this Thanksgiving and hope that you chime in with your gratitude list as well.
10 Things I’m Grateful for This Thanksgiving
- I’m spending it with my happily married parents.
- I have a huge girlfriend network online and IRL, who I consider my extended family.
- I have a boyfriend, who I adore, who gets me and is the love of my life.
- I live in a beautiful place near the ocean in sunny California.
- I enjoy daily walks around boats and the water and watch sunsets over the Pacific.
- I have helped so many singles find love and have been responsible for many marriages.
- I’m friends with many of my ex’s and we think of each other fondly.
- I work out with an amazing trainer to keep my mind, body, and soul all in shape.
- I’ve built a multi-media brand about dating, love, and romance.
- I stay true to my heart and soul and always come from a genuine place of authenticity.
All in all, I’m healthy, happy, and appreciate every moment of this journey called life.
Gratitude can change your day, your moments and add more joy to your life. So grab your gratitude journal or start one day. Sneak a note into your wish pillow. Grab your mobile phone and create a list. Know that the possibilities are endless!
What are you grateful for today?
Please take a moment and make your list. You might be surprised at the results.
On this Thanksgiving, I wish you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam. xo
Follow me @JulieSpira on Twitter for Dating Advice
Sign up for the Weekly Flirt newsletter and watch out for our Cyber Monday special!
Julie Spira is America's Top Online Dating Expert. She's an award-winning dating coach who's been helping singles find love online for 25+ years. Follow @JulieSpira on IG.