The Zoosk Singles Survival Guide to Holiday Dating
Zoosk, the world’s largest social dating community, just released their Single’s Survival Guide to Holiday Dating.
The FREE Guide includes tips from myself along with two other relationship experts, gift giving ideas, online dating holiday trends, and more dating tips for the holiday season.
Their study showed that the majority of singles wanted to couple-up during the holidays and were looking for a long-term relationship.
Their survey found:
- This holiday season, 63% of singles are looking for long-term true love, 33% of singles are just looking for a holiday party date and 4% feel it’s too stressful to date during the holidays.
- Surprisingly, 19% of men say they would invite a woman to their office holiday party as a first date. Only 10% of women are this daring.
- The most desired gift is a hug or a kiss.
Holiday Gift Giving
It’s hard enough to shop for gifts for friends and family, much less the perfect gift for someone you’re dating. Zoosk went straight to the source – singles on Zoosk – with a survey and asked what they would appreciate receiving as a gift this holiday.
Overwhelmingly, singles agreed on the #1 gift they’d most like to receive this holiday: a hug or a kiss. The Guide includes additional gift ideas for new relationships.
Virtual Gift Giving
Earlier this year, Zoosk conducted a survey of its users and found that 76% said they would be more likely to respond to a potential match if they received a virtual gift from that person. A selection of Zoosk’s new holiday gifts are unveiled in the Guide.
The Data on Holiday Dating
Zoosk took a look at holiday dating activity in 2008 to see what trends and tips could be uncovered. A few of the interesting finds included:
- The week before Christmas marks the year’s busiest week for online dating activity
- The second most popular week of the year for online dating is the first week of January
- In general, Mondays are the busiest day of the week for online dating activity
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She’s the CEO and founder of Cyber-Dating Expert, and as an award-winning dating coach and early adopter of Internet dating, she’s been coaching singles on finding love online for over 20 years.