You know it?s important to date your mate or significant other after the honeymoon phase is over, but it?s easy to get caught up with work deadlines and juggling your calendar.
As a dating expert, my number one piece of advice is for couples to create the ritual of scheduling a ?Date Night? every week. This can actually save your relationship from fading away. Not sure where to start?
Here are 5 Relationship tips to keep your date sizzling both online and offline.
1. Select a day and stick to it. Make sure you know your date night won?t be pre-empted by a baseball game or a standing nail appointment and stick to it. Know that every week on the same evening, you?ll be scheduling a romantic evening for you and your honey. Date night is sacred. Hire a babysitter or dog sitter and take a pass on the happy hour invite. If you’re sweetheart is out of town, schedule a Skype date as we know that absence makes the heart grow fonder.
2. Take turns on scheduling plans. Every week, you and your honey should alternate as to who selects the outing. Get creative. It can be as simple as in-room-dining by candlelight, to finding events to attend such as comedy shows, movies, plays, or free concerts. It doesn’t have to break the bank, so check out Groupon, Living Social or the free outdoor concerts in your area.
3. Pre-date night foreplay. Show some enthusiasm and excitement leading up to your date. Leave a love note on your pillow or send a sexy text messages to each other in anticipation of your special night. Take out the lingerie that has been collecting dust in your bureau and wear it all day long. Let him know in a text message. He’ll be anxious to leave work, perhaps even a little bit earlier than usual.
4. Leave the boardroom behind. If you have had a fight with your boss or are worried about an upcoming presentation, take a break from talking about it on date night. There’s plenty of time to talk about work outside of your special evening. He wants bedroom eyes, not boardroom drama.
5. Memorialize it. Be your own love historian. Bring your iPhone to take cute photos and videos, log onto Instagram and post a lovey-dovey shot of you and your your sweetheart, and upload them to your photo sharing account on Flickr or to Facebook. If you?ve already announced to the world that you?re ?In a Relationship,” use Facebook’s timeline to announce your first kiss or vacation together. Upload your favorite shot of the two of you onto your desktop for quick viewing in between date nights and keep it handy on your mobile phone.
The simple ritual of creating a date night can help you become as excited as you did during the first three months of dating, and can last for months, years, or decades to come.
Julie Spira is a leading online dating expert and bestselling author of The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. She was a very early adopter of online dating and creates irresistible profiles for singles on the dating scene. Julie helps shorten the search so you can happily ride into the digital sunset together. ?Visit her at CyberDatingExpert.com for dating advice and follow Julie @JulieSpira on Twitter and at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert