Pucker Up – It’s National Kissing Day
Every year on July 6th, singles and couples will have a good excuse to become more romantic and flirty for this annual holiday. It’s time to get creative, both on the lips and in the desired location of that memorable kiss.
In honor of International Kissing Day, our friends at online dating site Match have partnered up with Colour Pop with a “Kiss + Tell” Survey, which showed that 84% of singles really enjoy kissing, with most experiencing their first kiss between the age of 13 – 16.
Other kissing survey results include:
The TOP 3 spots to be kissed?
- At sunset (48%)
- Moonlight stroll (46%)
- The beach (37%)
How long is the perfect kiss?
- 20 % of singles agreed that 10 seconds is the amount of time for the ideal kiss.
- 70% of singles say BAD BREATH has definitely ruined a kiss.
- 70% of singles say a bad first kiss is NOT a deal breaker.
- 75% of single women and 53% of single men say they CLOSE their eyes during a kiss.
- The second most romantic place to be kissed is on the neck.
- Nearly 1/3 (30%) of single women say they’ve actually had more success landing a first kiss while wearing lipstick!
- Nearly 1/3 (30%) of single men say a great make out is when they have a woman’s lipstick on their face.
- Kanye vs. Drake: DRAKE (86%)
- President Trump vs. Former President Obama: OBAMA (82%)
- Prince William vs. Prince Harry: HARRY (64%)
- Chris Hemsworth vs. Liam Hemsworth: LIAM (58%)
- Dev Patel vs. Aziz Ansari: DEV (58%)
- Ryan Reynolds vs. Ryan Gosling: REYNOLDS (52%)
- Brad Pitt vs. George Clooney: BRAD (51%)
- Taylor Swift vs. Miley Cyrus: TAYLOR (82%)
- Gigi Hadid vs. Bella Hadid: GIGI (60%)
- Jessica Alba vs. Jessica Biel: ALBA (60%)
- Kim Kardashian vs. Khloe Kardashian: KHLOE (55%)
- Beyonce vs. Rihanna: RIHANNA (55%)
- Emma Watson vs. Emma Stone: STONE (51%)
Top 3 TV show hosts singles would want to kiss:
- Jimmy Fallon (28%)
- Ryan Seacrest (22%)
- Trevor Noah (18%)
- Megyn Kelly (35%)
- Kelly Ripa (28%)
- Savannah Guthrie (11%)
In honor of National Kissing Day, Match and Colour Pop created limited edition lipstick, Mwah, a raspberry red ultra-matte lipstick, plus $1 of each lipstick purchased will be donated to GLAM4GOOD Foundation, for only $6.
Check out these special lipsticks here: ColourPop.com/mwah
If you’re away from your sweetheart, remember to send a few digital hugs and kisses XOXO’s via text on your mobile phone to celebrate International Kissing Day. Remember that a goodbye kiss can be more important than the hello kiss and leave a wonderful memory to the end of your date.
What’s your kissing style? Do you have your own kissing dos and don’ts? A dream spot for that first kiss?
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She was an early adopter of online dating and creates Irresistible Profiles for singles on the dating scene. For more dating advice, sign up for the free Weekly Flirt newsletter