The Olympics, Sports, and Your Love Life
When you’re single and are on an online dating site, you spend hours-and-hours often answering questions to find a compatible match.
When it comes to physical activities, most men I know who are huge skiers, won’t date a woman who won’t play in the snow with them.
In conjunction with the Sochi Olympics, PlentyOfFish looked at 50,000 of their single members to find out which sports fans will get lucky in love and which activities were the best turn-on?s.
The survey showed that nearly 1 in 2 single men are watching the Olympics because the athletes are sexy, and roughly 1 in 3 single women admit to watching a sport purely for the sex appeal.
POF found that snowboarding and ice hockey were considered the sexiest Winter Olympic Sports by the single women, while the majority of men preferred figure skating.
It was no surprise that the top ranked most handsome male athlete was Olympic snowboarder Bode Miller.
The Top 5 Sexiest athletes at Sochi from the singles survey include:
- Bode Miller (Skiing) 22.4%
- Henrik Lundqvist (Hockey) 15.6%
- Charlie White (Figure Skating) 6.1%
- Bobby Brown (Skiing) 3.4%
- Shani Davis (Speed Skating) 1.4%
Top 5 Sexiest Female Athletes Competing at Sochi:
- Lolo Jones (Bobsleigh) 14.9%
- Linn Haug (Snowboarding) 14.2%
- Anna Fenninger (Skiing) 11.2%
- Anna Sidorova (Curling) 10.8%
- Tina Maze (Alpine Skiing) 8.6%
Other findings include:
- Snowboarding and Ice Hockey are considered the sexiest Winter Olympic sport by single women, each earning 27.3% of the votes
- An overwhelming 43.6% of single men consider Figure Skating to be the sexiest Winter Olympic sport
- Men and women agree that curling is the least attractive Winter Olympic sport ? (41.7% of women and 28.3% of men)
- 49.1% of singles consider Beach Volleyball the sexiest Summer Olympic sport
- 51.9% of singles consider Weight Lifting to be the least attractive Summer Olympic sport
So how does this relate to your dating life?
PlentyOfFish found the following statistics:
- Singles who share a love of Hockey are 440% more likely to form a relationship
- Singles who share a love of Skiing are 380% more likely to form a relationship
- Singles who share a love of Swimming are 280% times more likely to form a relationship
- Singles who share a love of Biking are 280% times more likely to form a relationship.
So what’s the answer? Start spending more time outdoors if you want to find a relationship. Go to sports bars and watch hockey games, take a ski lesson, and wipe the dust off the bicycle that’s sitting in your garage.
Do you enjoy outdoor activities with a date?
Your comments are welcome.
Julie Spira is an online dating expert and founder of CyberDatingExpert.com. She creates Irresistible Profiles for singles on the dating scene. For more online dating advice follow @JulieSpira on Twitter and sign up for the free Weekly Flirt newsletter.